Welcome to the Official website of the Ratoath AC, based in Co. Meath, Ireland.
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Coach Training Courses in Meath and Dublin in the Spring
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Why undergo a Cardiac Screening?
- Up to 100 young people die each year in Ireland from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
- 1 in 300 people may have a cardiac abnormality
- The national register recently reported that the incidents of SADS are higher in Ireland than many other European countries.
- In Italy cardiac screening is mandatory for anyone aged 12 to 35 years involved in competitive sport for the past 25 years. They have reduced the incidents of SADS by 89%.
- The European Society of Cardiology & the International Olympic Committee recommends cardiac screening.
- Heartaid’s service is based on the recommendations of the above named organisations.
- This year, Meath GAA captain Shane Mc Anarney underwent Heart Surgery after routine screening revealed a blocked artery, thus saving his life. See the story here.
- Each screening takes 25 minutes
- The fee has been set at €70 per person reduced from €75. If we get more than 75 people to participate the fee will be reduced to €65.
- Laya healthcare members are free, however, you must still book an appointment.
- *People with LAYA health insurance are able to avail of screening for FREE.
- People with other health insurance may be able to claim a % back at the end of the year. Please contact your provider.
- We only screen players/athletes aged 12+ years.
- The screening leaflet is attached to this article. Click HERE.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Training is finished now until the week of 6th Jan 2014
Monday, December 16, 2013
Club AGM tonight Monday 16th Dec 2013 8:15pm Ratoath GAA Club
Sunday, December 15, 2013
National Juvenile Cross Country Championships - WIT
Alex Hunter ran yet another magnificent race to finish 6th overall in a very competitive u 15 boys race with Meath finishing a close second in the county team.. Our under 11 girls of Aimee Doherty (21st), Aoife Rutherford (52nd), Ella healy (104th) and Lili O Connor (127th) were 10th club team and despite finding the conditions tough, gave it everything and will surely have their day sooner rather than later. Aine o Connor, 47th in the under 15 and Deirdre Healy, 17th in the u 17 did the club proud with strong runs in their respective races while Philip Marron (40th) and Ciaran McCarthy (69th) rounded off the day from a Ratoath perspective with 2 fine performances in the boys u 17 over 5000m.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Death of Tom McGoldrick Father of Coach Sineád Drummond
The death has occurred peacefully surrounded by his family of Thomas (Tom) McGoldrick at the Mater Private Hospital. Tom was the beloved husband of Kathleen and treasured dad of Paula (Whitty), John, Margaret(Tobin), Sinead (Drummond), Niall, Barbara (Guickan) and Joey. He will be sadly missed by his family, sisters, sons-in-law, daughter-in-law, all his grandchildren, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends.
MAY HE REST IN PEACE
Reposing at his home from 5pm on Friday. Removal on Saturday 14th Dec at 10.30am arriving at the Holy Trinity Church, Ratoath for 11am Funeral Mass.Burial afterwards in the adjoining cemetery. Family flowers only please. Donations in lieu to the Irish Cancer Society.