Covid Update 20th October 2020
From midnight this Wednesday 21st October Ireland moves to Level 5 of the National Covid Framework. The implications to sport are significant and as we await specific guidance from the Sport Ireland Expert Group we ask all our members to continue to be vigilant in observing all health guidelines and to reduce your social interactions.
The specific sporting advice for Level 5 is below.
Currently the government advice is that you must not travel outside the 5km radius from your home. Hence travel to Clubs for anyone living further than 5km from their Club is not recommended.
Training and matches
No training or matches should take place, with the following exceptions:
- non-contact training can continue for school aged children, outdoors in pods of 15
- professional, elite sports and inter-county Gaelic games, horse-racing and greyhound racing are permitted to continue behind closed doors
All other training activities should be individual only.
No exercise or dance classes are permitted.
Gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools are all closed.
Elite high performance sport is defined by Sport Ireland as covering those who are:
· Professional Sports People
· Member of a high performance team funded by Sport Ireland.
· Those who compete at major international events including European and World Champions, Olympic and Paralympic Games. Specifically, the athletes and players associated with this priority list which includes: Athletes on the 2020 International Carding Scheme.
The complete Level 5 measures can be found here
Chief Executive Officer
T: +353 1 886 9933
M: +353 86 3502552
Unit 19, Northwood Court
Northwood Business Campus
Santry, Dublin 9
IrelandPostcode D09 CX26
Post a Comment